Thursday, January 17, 2013

"Me time".

I miss making things. Whether it be something kitschy or crocheting, sewing, other crafting or actual art. I miss making actual art pieces, but at the same time it's such a drag opening those doors. It's not about my mind, but my pieces made in college were all about my emotion and having to sit and remember things that haunt me. I mean, I do remember things, but how to release that tension creatively. It's emotionally exhausting as well. 

Anyway, back to crafting... crafting is more happy. It's fun and not so serious. It's something I can creatively do with my mind and hands without wanting to crawl up in a ball in the corner like with my art. 

Really, I am still creating... I try and crochet as much as I can with my endless supply of yarn and maybe I'm just blah because there's not much end result. However, I need to stop and remember that I'm not a machine and it's for fun. I also want to draw and paint again and have a million projects I'd like to do... I just want to do so much, but I'm exhausted when I come home from work. I end up neglecting our place too... especially when I'm crafting after work. I wish I can just do it all! 

Well... I suppose I should just write tasks/projects for myself and start crossing them off... I remember how motivating it was to do that during school. (lame, I know) This weekend is a start... I'm cleaning and reorganizing the home! I'm pretty excited now... I know... lame. 

No comments:

Post a Comment